The names of Shri Dhanvantari
1. Shrī Dhanvantaraye
2. Shrī Sudha-purṇa-kalashāḍhya-karāya
The Lord who holds a pot filled with nectar in his hands.
(signifying true knowledge)
3. Shrī Haraye
4. Shrī Jarā-mṛti-trasta-deva-prarthanā-sādhakāya
He who fulfills the prayers of the divine beings frightened of old
age and death.
5. Shrī Prabhave
Lord of all beings
6. Shrī Nirvikalpāya
The one whose powers absorb the ideas of separation and
differentiation, and take us beyond doubt (doubtless-awareness)
with complete peace.
7. Shrī Nissamānāya
A matchless being who is the incomparable essence of all
8. Shrī Manda-smita-mukhāmbujāya
The one who sports a captivating smile on His lotus face.
9. Shrī Āñjaneya-prapitādraye
He who helped Shri Hanuman in locating the mountain with
10. Shrī Pārshvastha-Vinatā-sutāya
By whose side Garuda, the divine condor (the son of Vinatā)
is always present (indicating sharp eyesight to see every activity in
11. Shrī Nimagna-manthara-dharāya
The one who uplifted the sunken Manthara mountain.
12. Shrī Kūrma-rūpiṇe
He who assumed the form of tortoise.
(indicating slow, steady but persistent approach)
13. Shrī Bṛhattanave
He who possesses a gigantic body
(the entire universe makes up His body)
14. Shrī Nīla-kuñchita-keshāntāya
He whose hair ends in bluish curls.
15. Shrī Paramādbhuta-rūpa-dharāya
The one who has assumed the most astonishing form.
16. Shrī Katāksha-vīkshaṇa-trasta-vāsukaye
The one who frightened Vasuki(the king of snakes) by a mere
17. Shrī Siṅh-vikramāya
He who exhibits the valor of a lion.
18. Shrī Smartṛ-hṛdroga-haraṇāya
He who cures the diseases of the heart of those who remember
19. Shrī Mahā-viṣhṇvaoṅsh-sambhavāya
The one who is an incarnation of Shri Vishnu.
20. Shrī Prekshaṇīyotpala-shyāmāya
The hue of the body of the Lord resembles the blue water lily.
21. Shrī Āyurvedādi-daivatāya
The presiding deity of Āyurvedā
22. Shrī Bheṣhaja-grahaṇād-eva-smaraṇīya-padāmbujāya
The one whose lotus feet are to be remembered in the very act of
23. Shrī Nava-yauvana-sampannāya
He who possesses an ever fresh youthfulness.
24. Shrī Kirītañchita-mastakāya
He whose forehead is covered with a crown.
25. Shrī Namra-kuṇdala-saoṅshobhi-shravan-dvaya-shaṣhkulaye
The one whose ears glitter with drooping earrings.
26. Shrī Dīrgha-pīvara-dordaṇḍāya
He who has long and huge arms.
27. Shrī Kambu-grīvāya
He whose neck is enclosed in a shell(as a tortoise)
28. Shrī Ambujekshaṇāya
He whose eyes resemble the shape of the lotus petal.
29. Shrī Chaturbhujāya
The one who has four arms
30. Shrī Shaṅkha-dharāya
The one who holds a conch
31. Shrī Chakra-hastāya
The one who wields a discus
32. Shrī Vara-pradāya
He who bestows boons
33. Shrī Sudhā-patra-upari-lasadāmra-patra-lasadkarāya
He who holds in his hands a pot of nectar covered by mango
34. Shrī Shata-patrāḍhya-hastāya
He who holds a lotus flower in his hands
35. Shrī Kastūrī-tilakañchitāya
He who applies musk paste on the forehead at the Agnya Chakra.
36. Shrī Su-kapolāya
He who has well formed cheeks
37. Shrī Su-nāsāya
The one who has a well shaped nose
38. Shrī Sundara-bhrū-latāñchitāya
The one who has beautiful and elongated eyebrows resembling a
39. Shrī Svaṅgulī-nakha-shobhāḍhyāya
The one who glows with glitter of his own fingernails.
40. Shrī Gūḍha-jatrave
He whose neck is hidden
41. Shrī Mahā-hanave
He who has a big jaw
42. Shrī Divyāṅgada-lasadbāhave
He whose hands shine with the glow of his splendid bracelets.
43. Shrī Keyūra-parishobhitāya
He who is decorated with various ornaments.
44. Shrī Vichitra-ratna-khachita-valaya-dvaya-shobhitāya
He who wears two bangles adorned with a variety of precious
45. Shrī Samullasat-sujātā-aoṅsāya
The one who displays well formed aoṅsa(shoulder blades)
46. Shrī Aṅgulīya-vibhūṣhitāya
The one whose fingers are decorated with rings.
47. Shrī Sudhā-gandha-rasāsvāda-milatbhṛṅg-manoharāya
(As the Lord holds a pot of nectar in his hand) He is surrounded by
bees enjoying the fragrance of ambrosia.
48. Shrī Lakshmī-samarpitotphulla-kañja-mālā-lasatgalāya
He whose neck is decorated with the garland made of blossomed
lotus flowers offered by Goddess Lakshmi.
49. Shrī Lakshmī-shobhita-vakshaskāya
He whose chest exhibits the affluence of Goddess Lakshmi.
50. Shrī Vana-mālā-virājitāya
He who glows in the luster of a garland made of forest flowers.
51. Shrī Nava-ratna-maṇi-kḹpta-hāra-shobhita-kandharāya
He whose neck glitters with the necklace made of nine precious
Blue-sapphire(Indranīl), Emerald(Marataka), Hessonite(Gomedaka),
The nine gems can counteract the ill-effects of the nine planets.
52. Shrī Hīra-nakshatra-mālādi-shobhā-rañjita-diṅmukhāya
He whose face radiates with the glow of diamonds and other
53. Shrī Vārijāmbara-saoṅvītāya
He whose garments are woven out of fine silk and made out of a
54. Shrī Vishalorase
The one who has a broad chest indicating masculine prowess.
55. Shrī Pṛthu-shravase
The one who has broad ears
(symbolic indication that He has extraordinary power to hear the
prayers of His devotees)
56. Shrī Nimna-nābhaye
The one who has a sunken umbilicus indicating perfect physique.
57. Shrī Sūkshma-madhyāya.
He who has a shrunken belly.
58. Shrī Sthūla-jaṅghāya
The one who has prominent calf muscles.
59. Shrī Nirañjanāya
He who is free from all blemishes. He is a symbol of pristine purity.
60. Shrī Sulakshaṇa-padāṅguṣhthāya
The one whose big toe exhibits all the auspicious signs.
61. Shrī Sarva-sāmudrikānvitāya
He whose entire body is an expression of the auspicious physical
62. Shrī Alaktakā-rakta-pādāya
The one whose feet are red like the hue of lac.
63. Shrī Mūrtāya
He who possesses a tangible form
64. Shrī Madhvartha-pūjitāya
He who is worshipped for obtaining ambrosia.
(nectar which gives freedom from disease and death)
65. Shrī Sudhārthānyonya-sañyudhyad-deva-daiteya-sāntvanāya
He who pacifies Gods and demons fighting with each other to grab
the nectar of immortality.
66. Shrī Koti-manmatha-saṅkāsha-sarvāvayava-sundarāya
He who resembles a thousand cupids(God of love) with all his bodyparts well formed.
67. Shrī Amṛtāsvādanodyukta-deva-saṅgha-parivṛtāya
He who is surrounded by the group of Gods eager to taste the
nectar of immortality.
68. Shrī Puṣhpa-varṣhana-saoñyukta-gandharva-kula-sevitāya
Gandharvas constantly unite to shower flowers upon Him.
69. Shrī Shaṅkha-turya-mṛdangādi-vāditra-āḍhyā-apsarovṛtāya
The Lord is surrounded by celestial nymphs(apsaras), who play
musical instruments like Shaṅkha(conch), turya(wind instrument),
70. Shrī Viṣhvaksenādi-yuk-pārshvāya
He who is accompanied by commanders like Viṣhvaksenā.
71. Shrī Sanakādi-munistutāya
He who is praised by sages like Sanaka.
72. Shrī Sāshcharya-sasmita-chaturmukha-netra-samīkshitāya
The one who is so perfect that even Lord Brahma looks at Him with
great astonishment unable to hide His smile.
73. Shrī Sashaṅka-sambhrama-ditidanu-vaoñshya-samīditāya
He who is praised even by the demoniac offsprings of Diti who are
gripped with doubts and confusions.
74. Shrī Namanonmukha-devādi-mauli-ratna-lasatpadāya
He whose feet radiate the luster of gems on the crowns of the Gods
who are prostrating before Him.
75. Shrī Divya-tejah-puñja-rūpāya
He who is radiant divine luster.
76. Shrī Sarva-deva-hitotsukāya
He who is eager for the welfare of Gods.
77. Shrī Sva-nirgama-kshubdha-dugdha-vārāshaye
He who emerged from the milky ocean creating great disturbance.
78. Shrī Dundubhi-svanāya
His voice resembles the sound of Dundubhi(divine drum)
79. Shrī Gandharva-gītā-padān-shravanotka-mahā-manase
He who is eager to listen to the music and songs of the
80. Shrī Nishkiñchan-jana-prītāya
He who is pleased by the offering of the deprived.
81 Shrī Bhava-samprāpta-roga-hṛte
The Lord who removes the diseases created by contact with the
82. Shrī Antarhita-sudhā-pātrāya
The pot of ambrosia in His hand is kept concealed
(and becomes visible only to true aspirants and devotees)
83. Shrī Mahātmane
The great one
84. Shrī Āmnāyakāgraṇye
He who is the forerunner of the Vedas
85 Shrī Kshaṇāpta-mohinī-rūpa-sarva-strī-shubha-lakshaṇaya
He who instantly took the form of Mohini- symbolising
delusion(Māyā) with all the auspicious signs of feminine beauty.
86. Shrī Mada-mattebha-gamanāya
He who walks like a majestic elephant
87. Shrī Sarva-loka-vimohanāya
He who enchants the whole world
88. Shrī Straoṅsan-nīvī-granthabandha-sakta-divya-karāṅgulaye
The one whose divine fingers hold together the loosening folds of
His garment tucked into the waistband.
89. Shrī Ratna-darvī-lasaddhastāya
He who holds a ladle made of gems
(to distribute the nectar of immortality who seek refuge at Him)
90. Shrī Deva-daitya-vibhāgakṛte
He who distinguishes between demons and Gods
91. Shrī Saṅkhyāta-devatā-nyāsāya
He who is worshipped by the proper placement of various aspects
of divinity in the worshipper.
92. * Daitya-dānava-vañchakāya
He who deceives the demoniac ascendants of Diti.
93. Shrī Devāmṛt-pradātre
He who distributes nectar of immortality to Gods.
94. Shrī Pari-veṣhṭaṇa-hṛṣhtadhiye
He who is pleased when adorned with clothes.
95. Shrī Unmukhāya
The one whose face is raised upward (indicating He is always ready to act)
96. * Unmukha-daityendra-danta-paṅkti-vibhājakāya
He who severed the row of teeth on the raised face of the king of
97. * Puṣhpavanta-vinirdiṣhta-rāhu-raksh-shshiro-harāya
He who severed the head of demon Rahu at the instruction of sun
98. * Rāhu-ketu-graha-sthana-pashchāt-gati-vidhāyakāya
He who ordained retrograde movements of shadow planets Rahu
99. Shrī Amṛtā-lābha-nirviṇṇa-yudhdhad-devāri-sūdanāya
He who destroyed the enemies of Gods who were after the nectar
100. Shrī Garutma-vāhanārūḍhāya
He who rides the condor known as Garuḍa.
101. Shrī Sarva-shastrastra-sañyutāya
He who is equipped with all weapons and destructive instruments
(to eliminate negativities).
102. Shrī Sva-svādhikāra-santuṣhta-shakra-vahnyadi-pūjitāya
He who is worshipped by Indra, Agni and other Gods who are
happy to perform their allocated duties.
103. Shrī Mohinī-darshana-āyāta-sthaṇu-chitta-vimohakāya
His Mohini form deluded everybody who came to see Him.
104. Shrī Shachī-svāhādi-dikpāla-patnī-maṇdala-sannatāya
The one who is surrounded by Shachi (wife of Indra),
Svaha (wife of Agni), the wives of the guardians of directions and
105. Shrī Vedānta-vedya-mahimne
He whose glory can be understood by the study of Vedānta.
106. Shrī sarva-lokaikarakshakāya
He who is the sole guardian of the entire Universe.
107. Shrī raja-raja-prapūjyāṅghraye
He whose feet are worshipped by the king of kings.
108. Shrī Chintitārtha-pradāyakāya
He who grants what one wishes for.
Sākshāt Shrī ĀdiShakti Mātājī Shrī Nirmalā Devyai Namo Namah